- Are faculty with acting appointments eligible to apply as PI of a Small Grant?
- I expect to be appointed to an eligible category by the project start date; can I apply now as PI?
- Can faculty salaries be paid on a Small Grant?
- How often may I apply for a Small Grant? Can I submit more than one proposal in a grant period?
- Can a faculty member serve as a mentor to more than one predoctoral or postdoctoral applicant per grant cycle?
Preparing the Proposal
- What signatures do I need on the cover page?
- Do I need to include an eGC1 form?
- Are there specific formatting requirements?
- What is included in the page limit?
- Are references included in the page limit? Where do they go?
- Are appendices allowed? What can be included as appendices?
- Do I need to apply for Human Subjects approval before submitting the proposal?
- How many copies are required?
- Can I submit an electronic copy of the application?
- Where do I turn in the proposal?
- Does the University indirect cost (F&A) rate apply?
- Can the graduate operating fee be included in the budget?
- What is the difference between equipment and supplies?
- Can I include computer consulting in the budget?
- Can lease costs be included in the budget?
- Can the travel to conferences to present findings from the grant be included in the budget?
- Sample budget of rat study. [More samples to be added; there is no particular required format.]
- How long before I find out if my proposal was accepted for funding? How will I be notified?
- What is the acceptance rate for proposals?
- I want to resubmit a proposal that was previously turned down; how should I present changes to my original proposal, or rebuttal to the reviews of my previous application?
- Can I view a sample of a previous application?
- Do you accept proposals for tobacco research?
- My proposal was funded for one year, but I haven't completed the work yet. Can I get an extension?
If you have other questions, please call ADAI at (206) 543-0937, or e-mail email@example.com.
Small Grants Program | Small Grant Guidelines | Other ATOD Funding Sources